General Management Job Requirements
- Coordinating and optimizing front- and back-of-house quick service restaurant operations.
- Controlling operational costs (labor, COGS, Opex) and promoting efficiency.
- Responsible for managing operating profits and meeting budget targets.
- General administration.
- Report directly to owners.
- Overall restaurant operations execution, scheduling, and management of staff.
- Interprets financial and operational reports and schedules; work with owners to and identifies gaps in operating performance and develops solutions to ensure that operating goals are achieved.
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices.
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations.
- Provide input and work alongside owners to meet financial objectives by forecasting, adjusting labor expenditures, practicing portion controls, preparing budgets, and analyzing variances.
- Help development and foster an enjoyable and healthy company culture.
- Greeting and advising customers.
- Makes sure that all employees put “Guests First” to ensure a respectful and enjoyable. environment, satisfied guests, and repeat business.
- Fostering positive customer relations.
- Addressing customer inquiries and complaints.
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff
- Working to create and maintain a respectful and enjoyable environment for our employees.
- Conducting performance appraisals and setting targets
- Optimizing workflow and productivity
- Help maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, employee meetings and implementation of company policy.
- Determines job assignments on a shift by shift basis.
- Develops an environment of constant development of associates, including informal shift reviews and participates in the development of written evaluations every six months.
- Hire, train, retain, and develop staff to take on larger role.
- Manage schedules and shifts.
SUPPLY CHAIN & CULINARY:
- Keeping abreast of inventory and ordering supplies.
- Monitoring product quality and handling vendors.
COMPLIANCE HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensuring compliance with licensing, health and safety regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining policies and protocols.
- Making sure food preparation, handling, and storage guidelines are consistently followed.
- Bilingual English and Spanish - strict requirement. Please do not apply if you don’t meet the qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a restaurant, hospitality, or retail management; additional operations and/or leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience in a high volume, faced paced restaurant with P&L management responsibility.
- High school diploma required, associated degree preferred.
- Food Safety Manager Certification required – must complete shortly after hire.
- Exceptional leadership skills – ability to motivate, inspire and develop a team.
- Passionate about execution, hospitality, and service.
- Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others.
- Proven ability to problem solve and handle high-stress situations.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and additional shifts as needed.
WHO WE ARE:
REAL PEOPLE - They’re more than just employees to us, they are our family. We are a proud family run business that has been operating for over 40 years. We are always moving, striving for more, and hungry for greatness. We are open to fresh, innovative thinking.
REAL CULTURE - Proud of our heritage
WHO YOU ARE:
Do you love to motivate others? Do you thrive on developing people? LOVE FOOD? Then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
General Manager, you will develop your team, lead your team to achieve goals and objectives, and uphold the brand expectations. You are responsible for driving profitability, and operational excellence. You will earn the respect and trust of others by taking initiative and honoring commitments. Make timely, informed decisions and owns outcomes for those decisions. Sees the "big picture"; understands how operational and support functions work together for the growth and success of the business.
A General Manager is a leader who is able to build a team and develop existing team of top performers by training and developing skills, providing clear, consistent direction, and recognizing individual and team contributions. A GM oversees recruiting, training, management, P&L management, and overall operations of the restaurant to ensure excellent customer service, high quality foods, people development, food safety, store cleanliness, and maximum profitability. A GM also oversees communication, acts as a liaison with other leadership, and facilitates a focus on company’s culture and values.